CLB hatching difficulties

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 5770amber, Mar 10, 2017.

1. 5770amber

5770amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2015
    Does anyone else find cream legbar's harder to hatch? All of our other chicks hatch themselves just fine but it seems like our cream legbar chicks really struggle to hatch. I usually have to assist them or else they either drown or shrinkwrap. It almost seems like they require less humidity during incubation?

2. kuchchicks

kuchchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2015
    I hatch them monthly along with silkies, English lavender orpingtons, sapphires, olive eggers, and ameracauna. I have always hatched them all exactly the same. Humidity 25%~35% until lock down and then up to 75%. I've never really noticed any difficulties. I've done 8 hatches since the start of the year. I've only assisted 2 and neither were clb. Maybe make sure your breeding stock are getting good feed and possible supplements. Any issues with the breeders? How do they do once they hatch?

3. 5770amber

5770amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2015
    Once hatched they are perfectly fine. And I'm finding 90% of the time it's the CLB roosters not pullets that need help. All our chicks that were incubated with them hatched with no issues! Our breeders are healthy. It's just weird!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by