clean legged marans or black sex link?

spish

De Regenboog Kippetjes
13 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Belgium
i bought a small group of copper neck marans (is that the right name?) last year, and all but one had feathering on the legs.
the clean legged one has the most coppering on her neck (the others have a small amount but nowhere near as much as this one)

just saw some pics of bsl chickens and she looked more similar to those than to my marans...

so here she is...can anyone tell me what she is??

53434_100_8366.jpg

also can anyone id this white hen? is she just a mutt or a really poor sussex?

53434_100_8365.jpg

Last edited:
I have black sex links but none of them have dark legs, i dont think, *runs out to look at legs* Oh yes, they do haev dark legs LOL! and your bird could easily pass as a black sex link. Yours has a slightly bigger comb than mine though but same markings (my BSL have markings all over the place but same general look)

and your last one might be a delaware hen.... is it the picture or is she hunched up? did you just get her? she looks a little bit ill if this is how shes standing as opposed to the moment

i think the dark legs would lean toward maran, but she is likely mixed at best. the second appears to have some barring in the dark wing feathers, i don't think sussex should have that, but she does appear to have white legs (under the mud), she may have some sussex in her, but likely some cuckoo maran in her breeding

Quote:
she is a bit hunched up in the pic but shes standing against the wind and its ice cold here at the moment with winds of up to 80km/h not such great weather for the poor chickens!
smile.png
she lays really big pinkish coloured eggs if that helps ID her? i can get some better pics if needed?

53434_100_8380.jpg

53434_100_8381.jpg

53434_100_8378.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
thanks for the pics
smile.png
love the last one!

she is sweet, lets me pick her up and carry her around, honks at me!

Back
Top Bottom