"Cleanest" butcher for taxidermy?

Thanks for replying! Can you explain this a bit more? Are you actually piercing the skull and how much force is needed for that?
It’s kinda hard to explain but I’ll do my best! So when you feel the back of their head close to their neck where it connects, there is a slight dip. I stick the needle in there and if you hit it right the needle will feel like it’s going into cartilage then go in just a little more and inject. (When I do this I stretch their neck out to feel it easier)
The purple line is where you stick the needle in
3985C348-C4CF-4582-B1E4-D44E47269225.jpeg

The ones eating fish, what are they? I see teeth in their bills O.O
Red breasted Merganser?

The Hooded Mergansers are harliquinesque and gorgeous as well.

Fish eaters so the meat can be fishy tasting depending on their diet and time of year. Or high in Omega 3 fatty acids. :sick
Thanks! That is a common merganser hen. I love the hooded mergansers and scaley sided merganser!

Thanks! That is a common merganser hen. I love the hooded mergansers and scaley sided merganser!
I've seen the Hooded Mergansers in the swamp. Small and fast like the Teal. Very striking with the breeding plumage!

I like the one of the duck on the pond with the above and below aspect. Very nice presentation. Do you compete or is this a hobby?

Straight into the freezer? I have no idea if this is humane btw
It's not. Neither is ether/suffocation. There is a humane method involving CO2, but you really need professional equipment to do that.

If OP could find a vet to euthanize the bird, that would probably be the best bet for no damage plus truly humane. Otherwise, pithing would probably be my next suggestion, but having tried it myself I found it's not really as easy as one would assume from pictures/diagrams available.

Back
Top Bottom