Cleaning the incubator....Pics!!!

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
A friend of mine told me that he puts his styrobator in the dishwasher to get it good and clean. I was quite weary of it at first, but I didn't want to spend the time to scrub it. So I threw it in the dishwasher on the bottom rack, on a light wash with some detergent. Below is the results. (It had never been washed previously in four years... I know, bad boy... sue me!) Next time I am going to put it on a full cycle to get it EXTRA white!

Dirty...

11916_batordirty.jpg

Clean...

11916_batorclean.jpg

Have you ever seen anything more beautiful???

11916_batoralmostfull.jpg

Not a bad idea, but I still like my way better. Mix a solution of bleach and water (1/4). Spray it over the bottom, sometimes I even open the bottle and pour it in. Go away. Let it sit for an hour or so. Come back and take a hose to it. Voila! Perfectly clean every time.

I'm sure there are MANY folks who use it. I am just not comfortable with it.... not to mention the fact that if its not rinsed well, then you've got harsh chemical residue being heated up with your eggs.

Just not a chance I'm willing to take. Didn't say it was wrong, but not for me. I'll stick with the dishwasher.

Thanks for both of your thoughts though.....

great idea!
big_smile.png

Ya, that bator needed a good cleaning!
lau.gif

Maybe I will do that when i build my homemade styro-bator.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Ya, you're right. Thanks for pointing that out!
tongue.png

Or maybe you could try putting it in the washing machine with bleach soap?? LOL
gig.gif
Joking! Don't do that, or you will end up with a mess! LOL

Back
Top Bottom