Clear discharge like tears coming from duckling's eyes

CLUlelSS

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
One of my 4 week old duckling starting "tearing". The clear droplets were oily, and would dry up and leave a sticky crust around my duckling's eye. I began to see the same thing in my other duckling's eye but it is not as severe and does not leave a prominent crusty dry area around the eye. I give them a warm bath every day, and their water bowls are deep enough to dunk there head in. I would drop contact solution into the eyes on the first duckling, and fill their water bowl with apple cider vinegar, but it doesn't seem to work. Both their eyes are quite red, and I have no idea what to do. The first duckling was sick originally and I'm scared that might have spread to the other duckling. I have them separated for now. Please help!

Maybe gently wash around the eye with a moist warm towel water, and then apply what @Miss Lydia mentioned, this is what I use for eye problems. Could you post a picture of their eye?

1587330748970.png

Can you get Terramycin eye ointment or Veterycin eye ointment? TSC carries it start using either in their eyes. It maybe the start respiratory illness. Any other symptoms?
I might be able to get the Veterycin ointment. Though, whats the difference between the wash and the gel, since they both have different prices? The green poop from the sick duck suddenly started appearing again and it is still quite stone-like in the brooder. However the other duck seems lively and normal as always.

Did you get the liquidB complex for their leg support?
I ordered a 100ml bottle online, but it won't be arriving until sometime next week or the week after. I'm currently increasing the dose of the tablets for now.

Maybe gently wash around the eye with a moist warm towel water, and then apply what @Miss Lydia mentioned, this is what I use for eye problems. Could you post a picture of their eye?

View attachment 2097846
Alright, I will do that. The first picture is the sick duckling, the second one is the healthier duckling.

Attachments

• IMG_4021[1].JPG
    IMG_4021[1].JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4022[1].JPG
    IMG_4022[1].JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 8
@Miss Lydia Update: We just went to TSC and got the vitamin b supplement so we cancelled the online order. However they did not have the eye ointment so we couldn’t get it. Quick question, whats the best way to feed them this liquid supplement?

What treats do they like? You can put it over a treat or give it orally. Do you or someone in your house wear contacts? The saline solution can be used to rinse their eyes out or you can make one up using salt an warm water.

What treats do they like? You can put it over a treat or give it orally. Do you or someone in your house wear contacts? The saline solution can be used to rinse their eyes out or you can make one up using salt an warm water.
I’ve been dripping contact lens solution since I noticed the weird tears. But the eyes seem worse than before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom