Did a search, and came up empty.
Silkie Polish cross.
Around 6monts old
Only hen showing sickness
Noticed today
Seems same size as others
Poop unknown
The symptoms...
Clear mucus in both eyes that appear kind of deflated. She seems to be gasping with her mouth open and like she's almost choking on something.
No mucus in nostrils, but it is slung on her head where she's been shaking it off.
I'm new to chickens so any help would be great. TIA 20170619_182804.jpg

Tylan 50 injectable, which can also be given orally, could be found in most feed stores can be given to treat respiratory diseases, such as MG. For a silkie, I would give 0.25 ml twice a day for 5 days.

Update: started with VetRX with no sign of getting better. Both eyes swelled shut oozing pus, and I figured she was pretty much dead. I got some Tylan 50 as suggested and started her on it. We are on day two of antibiotics and she is improving greatly. One eye is open and clear. I no longer have to force water to her. (Got some electrolytes and probiotic mix for her water) and she is eating again on her own. She also had a bad odor around her head, going away. She has lost a lot of feathers, and I'm going to keep her isolated for at least another week. Thanks to BYC (found lots of helpful posts) and you all for the input.

Back
Top Bottom