Clear nasal discharge and MORE

Tropical Chickies

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
Central Florida
I just got an adult royal palm turkey and she has clear discharge from her nose along with a swollen eye. The guy I got her from said that he had taken her to his vet and and was told that she had allergies. I'm worried because I think she should be on some sort of antibiotics to clear her up. Her eye was bubbly today and this was the first day of nasal discharge (I've had her for a few days now). What should I give her? Would Tylan work and if so, how much should I administer????

Hello, I have two Toms and I have had them for 5 years. One of the has that same thing and if I let it go it gets really bad. The first time I took him to the vet they took a culture and found nothing but gave him antibiotics anyway and something else I can not remember and in about 2 weeks it cleared up pretty well. Well to make a long story short this went on several more times and was getting expensive, not to mention having to drive down the highway with a turkey running around the back in of my car. So out of desperation I went to another doctor and he said he had allergies and gave me a bottle of Steriods that I give 1 ML to him ever second or third day for about 14 days. It works very well and since I just have to put the steriods down his throat it is easy to do. The bottle he sold me didnt cost much and has lasted over a year. Hope this help. Terri

How is your turkey? Is it still alive? If it were me, I would give Tylan. As far as how much, it depends on the weight. How much does your Tom weigh?

Do you have other animals? Did you separate this turkey from the others, if you have any? If not, your entire flock is at risk.

The guy I got my turkey from said he took her to the vet and was told she allergies too. He did a round of antibiotics, but it didn't work. I'm not sure exactly what was prescribed.

I've been dosing the water with Sulmet as I wasn't sure what to give her.

Back
Top Bottom