cloacal prolapse

gossamer

Chirping
13 Years
Jan 14, 2010
hartland
Hi there. My 1 year old wyandotte hen has a partial cloacal /vent prolapse. I've been keeping the prolapsed tissue clean when needed and honey helps shrink it up so I can reduce it back where it belongs if need be. I dewormed her with Wazine brand dewormer which is piperazine that I added to her water. I also supplemented her with yogurt, apple cider vinegar and acidophilus powder. Her droppings were larger at first and copious. Now they are normal sized but copious amounts compared to the other hens. I had checked her droppings at a lab for parasites and it was negative.
Her prolapse is mild and this has been going on for months without progression. But, I would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions for treatment?? Thanks so much, Jessica

Quote:
About the only other thing I would recc. would be to try Preparation H, but honey and Prep H work. and keeping her from laying eggs, no layer feed and kept in quiet semi dark quaters for a while. Hope this helps.

Hello again. So, I have 4 hens... what kind of feed should I do and for how long do you think? As far as dark and quiet... what do you recommend ?
Thanks, Jessica

Back
Top Bottom