Clops: The Blind Cleft Lid Chick (Updates, Advice, and Discussion Thread)

I thought the pics were good...tho I did zoom way in using photoshop.
View attachment 2011987 View attachment 2011988

Personally, I would euthanize.
This is why I love BYC because I can get everyone's take on it.

Thanks for doing the pics now I can show my father on a message and my husband. They couldn't even see what I was talking about. My husband said I have extremely good eyes because I noticed it all in a badly lit room.

Hey I'll take the chick I have 7 yrs experience with chickens I'm in my second year of vet tech school and I have chickens with health problems I don't mind taking her in
I don't want anyone to take her. I have worked as a vet tech and did an internship at a vet's office that worked with farm animals. I have medical supplies and everything here that I can use if issues arise.

I rescue animals so she fits in at this house.

Very kind of you to offer help. Thank you so much.

I don't want anyone to take her. I have worked as a vet tech and did an internship at a vet's office that worked with farm animals. I have medical supplies and everything here that I can use if issues arise.

I rescue animals so she fits in at this house.

Very kind of you to offer help. Thank you so much.
No problem I just love helping animalssend me q msg if you need anything

Chickens are the MOST adaptable animals I've experienced!! I bought a horse who was supposed to be "an easy keeper", She was put in a pasture with 60 horses, I ended up moving her to a smaller MORE expensive stable and had to feed her DYNAMITE feed, VERY expensive. This was the end of me having a horse....Chickens are sooo much cheaper!!!!

Chickens are the MOST adaptable animals I've experienced!! I bought a horse who was supposed to be "an easy keeper", She was put in a pasture with 60 horses, I ended up moving her to a smaller MORE expensive stable and had to feed her DYNAMITE feed, VERY expensive. This was the end of me having a horse....Chickens are sooo much cheaper!!!!
It's acting like the other chicks. I assume since it was born like this it will be easier for it to adapt than if it was an older chicken who got pecked in the eye and went blind. I just made sure it drank and it went to the food after with it's siblings.

Back
Top Bottom