Close to laying?

Isyovi

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
The Netherlands
I read somewhere when pullets are about to lay an egg their comb gets redder. This is my 17 week old leghorn mix, do you think she is close to laying? Is there a way to tell?
20200803_150659.jpg

Attachments

• 20200803_150728.jpg
    20200803_150728.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 9
How true is that? I feel like all my girls have red combs, but only one is laying so far.
I read it somewhere, but her comb and wattles have become bigger and redder in the last couple of weeks. Compared to one of her sisters in the back she looks quite different now. Do you have a breed that is slow to mature? It can take some more time with those.

I read it somewhere, but her comb and wattles have become bigger and redder in the last couple of weeks. Compared to one of her sisters in the back she looks quite different now. Do you have a breed that is slow to mature? It can take some more time with those.
I have no idea, haha. I’m new to chickens and have very limited knowledge on them.
I have black sex links(one is laying), barred rocks, australorps, and one California white.

Bright red, often glossy comb and waddles indicates a healthy and sexually mature bird.

I watched a youtube today that said the color of their eggs can be determined (before they start laying) by the color of their earlobes. Judging by the photograph, her eggs should be white. When she finally lays her first egg for you, please let us know if they are indeed white eggs, please.

Back
Top Bottom