Close-ups of mystery chicks from McMurray--any guesses?

sarahandbray

Songster
5 Years
Aug 12, 2014
The Turken is a no-brainer, so I didn't include him. The shipment has 6 other distinct breeds. Anyone want to take any guesses?

Black with yellowish white fuzzy butts:

Last edited:
Dark brown, black and white chipmunk striped--a smidge smaller and faster and busier than the others.

Black with no white except white dot on head. Black fuzzy butt--almost dark gray. Very petite.

And then two with buff/tan bodies, longer feathers all around, and black markings on their head.

From my very limited experience, I am going to try to guess. Anyone, feel free to correct my mistakes lol

1) Perhaps a Barred Plymouth Rock?

2) Chipmunk markings usually signal an Easter Egger

3) My Buff Orpington chick looked similar to this one

4)I think maybe an Easter Egger again

5) Its fluff looks reddish to me- perhaps a RIR, Production Red, Red Star, or something along those lines?

6) I had an Easter Egger like this one, very tiny, yellow fuzz in one spot on her head. Or maybe a Barred Plymouth Rock- I'm not familiar with what that breed of chicks looks like.

7) I'd have to see a different angle to say.

So thats my input. You have adorable chicks!

Oh, I just looked up Speckled Sussex chicks, and they have similar markings to the Easter Egger markings. You'll know if they are SS in a few days because their wing feathers will start growing in with, well, speckles! :)

Back
Top Bottom