Can anyone guess this chick's breed?

Oh, they're for sure an amazing breed!!! We just have a small backyard flock with city limits so we just are hoping for better layers!
Yeah, brahmas remind me more of pet chickens, but they live and stay healthy for longer. Mine are only 3, so I can't say for sure, but I have heard they keep up with consistent laying for more years than the heavy layers do.

My dark brahama is broody, so I was bringing her out this morning so she would eat, drink, and bathe, and I couldn't help but give her a little hug. She is just so precious, the sweetest chicken I've ever met.

Do you guys know what the penalty is for keeping more than the allotted number of chickens?
It depends on your neighbors, HOA or roosters. Got friendly neighbors, no HOA and no roosters? Very few people will count heads. Unless you have a serious run of Chicken math and get silly... Yeah if your limit is 5 and you got 20? You'll get nailed. If you have a noise sensitive neighbor? Also not good.
Penalties tend to vary by neighborhood/city/township. Usually it's a small fine and an order to remove. But, it can be quite a bit harsher if your local "powers that be" really hate chicken messes or smell.

Do you guys know what the penalty is for keeping more than the allotted number of chickens?
So in our village. Its a fine of $250 if caught with a rooster. But you have 3 warnings to get rid of it.
Luckily in such a small town nobody really cares how many chickens you have and i of course dont like to break rules. But sometimes i bend them for just a little. It. The limit is 5 here, i have 5 a person up the road has 15 and somebody else in town has 20. And the worst part is they free range their chickens so they could easily escape. I think the fine is $100 per chicken if you get caught. I mean nobody would know if i stuck 2 more chickens in there. Obviously we are trying to change the rule to let us atleast keep 2 more right now

Yeah, brahmas remind me more of pet chickens, but they live and stay healthy for longer. Mine are only 3, so I can't say for sure, but I have heard they keep up with consistent laying for more years than the heavy layers do.

My dark brahama is broody, so I was bringing her out this morning so she would eat, drink, and bathe, and I couldn't help but give her a little hug. She is just so precious, the sweetest chicken I've ever met.
🥹🥹🥹♥️

Back
Top Bottom