Close ups!!! Post your best close up pics of your chicken

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Yes, that's the way I am. But even though I refuse to eat my own chickens..we still butcher a few of our roosters....but I will not eat them!

I had all kinds of grand plans of raising DP and caponizing, under the understanding that DH was having no part of any freezer camp stage of any kind. I did all the research and my partner at work was going to help me. That all changed drastically on my first mercy kill. It was horrific!!!!!! I will be vegetarian before I do that for food!!!!!!!!! No exageration or hyperbole!!!!!! And I just did the kill not the processing.​

Quote:
Yes, that's the way I am. But even though I refuse to eat my own chickens..we still butcher a few of our roosters....but I will not eat them!

I had all kinds of grand plans of raising DP and caponizing, under the understanding that DH was having no part of any freezer camp stage of any kind. I did all the research and my partner at work was going to help me. That all changed drastically on my first mercy kill. It was horrific!!!!!! I will be vegetarian before I do that for food!!!!!!!!! No exageration or hyperbole!!!!!! And I just did the kill not the processing.

I've never watched them kill the chickens..I'm in the house crying
hide.gif
Is that awful?

Nope, I'd be crying to... years ago raised some rabbits w/the intention of meat for the table... NOT one made it there. Just not in my and definately not in DH.

Back
Top Bottom