CLOSED - 50+ Jumbo Brown/Golden coturnix eggs (recipient announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I can say 'yes' to all the questions, I was touched by the story of the wonderful husband waiting on the quail he wanted...so cool of you to do this! I enjoy these threads most of all...

I never even thought of quail, until today!! And reading all I can find in BYC. I've had chickens for years, and have a 'bator full right now, but I have this wonderful outside completely enclosed aviary tipped on it's side, underneath my bedroom window that would be perfect for a little flock of quail!! I love birds best of all. AND I would be able to have a roo and thus fertile eggs to offer!!

And those eggs are just too cute and wonderful for words....

Good luck, everyone!

Diana

This is something that I have been wanting to get into & my bator is opening up now. I can answer yes to all of the questions but I have to add that Tamsflock just mailed me 1 dozen & I should get them tomorrow. I have been raising different animals to teach the kids about them & to become more self sufficient in our food. I was laid off a few months ago so I have had a lot of time to put into this. Just wanted to say thanks for putting this offer out & I know it will be a blessing to the one that receives it. I'm happy to see someone wanting to bless someone else. I love to bless others because my God has blessed me with so much. Seems like every time I decide to sell something I find someone that needs it & end up giving it to them. Oh well I would rather have the grater reward then a few bucks.

I can answer yes to all but one. I just had 2 babies hatch. WE have been wanting to start a flock of Quail and got 17 eggs. 2 hatched. They are just adorable. Now if I have a pair I would be lucky.

UPDADTE: One of the babies may not make it. Its really disappointing to want them then have to wait for them then go through the excitement of the arrival and then loose it. Poor baby.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain for such an amazing offer of coturnix bliss.
hugs.gif

1) are you alive? Yes I sure am and DH too!!!

2) do you live in the US?Yes we do. We live in the Sierra Nevada Foothills of California. So if you choose us they would be mountain Quail!!
gig.gif

3) do you get mail service either to your house or a post office box? Yes, we get mail service to our house BUT I will go to the post office and pick them up.

4) do you love birds? (especially cutie pies?)
ya.gif
Yes, I do
love.gif
birds

5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them? Oh my goodness, Yes. I have a beautiful Lyons RX2 incubator for the hatching of the eggs, I'm in the process of getting a quail egg tray for it now. They will have a lovely area to live when they are older also.

6) are you coturnix-free at the present time? Dh and I have never owned quail before. We would be honored to receive these wonderful eggs

7) do you promise to "pay it forward" at your earliest opportunity? I sure do, Like someone else said it might be with chicken eggs. If all goes well, it could be with coturnix eggs
woot.gif

(
smile.png
that's the twist
smile.png
)

The date that you will be shipping the eggs is perfect.
fl.gif
We also would like to wish everyone good luck!!!!
fl.gif

I will ship these out to someone on Friday, 5/29. The cutoff for adding your input is 12 noon 5/29 eastern time (which is 8 am my time
lol.png
) If you would like to nominate someone to receive them, that's ok, too.

Last edited:
First off....Beautiful birds....I spent 3 hours last night surfing and looking for Jumbo coturnix...Wow yours are sooo soo pretty and handsome of course

THanks for your amazing offer!

1) are you alive? I certainly hope so or the computer keyboard is typing by itself (smile)
2) do you live in the US? small town in Bowdon, GA. nearly in Alabama
3) do you get mail service either to your house or a post office box? I get mail service at our house but can also pick up
4) do you love birds? (especially cutie pies?) Oh yes, I have just always loved birdies - we have over 400 now
5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them? I will and I do
6) are you coturnix-free at the present time? I have no quail....I would love so to have some!
7) do you promise to "pay it forward" at your earliest opportunity?
Yes, As soon as we have eggs from yours, we'll pay forward....I just cannot shipp the little chickies
( that's the twist )

PS....I love these questions .....they are more than most wedding vows have. I hope I win the cuddlies but if not, whoever does is so blessed.

Bless you for your generosity. I'm so impressed and may you have a great day!

Last edited:
I can answer yes to everything. The DH has started on an aviary this past weekend.
Tripp and I are trading eggs so I will have quail at some point. I can pay it forward now if someone wants mixed silkie eggs- probably all partridge.
I love the paying it forward, I have met some wonderful people that I hope (HINT, HINT) remember to let me know how the hatches go. I promise to send pics if you send us the eggs.

Had to edit because I can't spell this early in the morning.

Last edited:
1) are you alive?

Some mornings more than others.

2) do you live in the US?

Oregon native!

3) do you get mail service either to your house or a post office box?

Yup!

4) do you love birds? (especially cutie pies?)

Heck yea!

5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them?

Yes!!! New coop plans are being made as we speak, would love to have new quail to place in it!

6) are you coturnix-free at the present time?

Sadly yes, my husband said I could only "buy" ducks this year, but I have to wait until Sept for that as it is!

7) do you promise to "pay it forward" at your earliest opportunity?
( that's the twist )

What you are doing is so generous! I'd love to post in a few months that I have eggs for someone else. We hatch all of our eggs in my mother's classroom for the kids to see them hatch, there's still time before schools out for quail, but not for chickens so this would be a neat experience for the end of the year!

Last edited:
Hi
frow.gif
guys, I found the url to monarc23's post that was mentioned about raising Coturnix Quail. It is awesome! I thought I would post it here for those of us who have never owned quail but want them.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=102281

Hope it's ok that I posted it here. No matter who you choose to bless with these Coturnix eggs, we should be prepared to be the best Quail Mom or Dad we can be!!
woot.gif

1) are you alive?Yes I think so
2) do you live in the US? Yes
3) do you get mail service either to your house or a post office box? Yes
4) do you love birds? (especially cutie pies?) I think we are addicted
5) do you have, or will you have within the next 3 weeks, the appropriate housing for them? here is a neat story to go with the answer. We had a man in our church who we got into chickens he also got addicted. But he also got addicted to Turkeys and then got to wanting quails. He built pens to get ready for them then got brain cancer and died within 6 months time. Jim let his pens to my boys because during his last few months they would come over and help him with his animals and birds while he was at the hospital or just unable to get up and do it. So we have the pens but no quail to go into them.
6) are you coturnix-free at the present time? NO quail at all sadly
7) do you promise to "pay it forward" at your earliest opportunity? with quail or others ? yes
( smile that's the twist smile )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom