closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
BEAUTIFUL!!!
droolin.gif
I'd love to have a setup this nice

Tip o' the hat to you ma'am. Impressive set up. I'm doing salad beds this year too...starting with chicory in one bed and some mixed salad greens in another.

Quote:
Alice, my dog, loves to watch the chickens and she never bothers them. There is a net door between her house and the run, but that's only there to keep the chickens in and not the dog out. The "real" door is not yet finish, but when it does it will have hardware wire instead of vinyl net. It will be there only to keep night predators out of the chicken run. I just did not rushed to finish that project yet, because any raccoon or other night "visitor" will have to pass right in front of the dog to get to that door, and I believe "the hunter" in my beagle will really love that
big_smile.png
wink.png

Last edited:
Its like Disney Land for Chickies! There are little kiosks for snacks in between, the eggie fun climb, salad bar walk ... just funnin ya! I love it! I makes the coop we almost have done subpar
BUT we can aim higher next go round...tickets please...:-D

Quote:
If you are concern about the net on the top, it can hold quite a bit of a snow. The net has a 2 in opening, and usually the snow goes right through it, but this winter we had few days of heavy and sticky snow. The net on top "give (or stretch)" a little, but hold the snow very well. When the snow was over, the net was back to normal, I didn't had to do anything to it.

67374_snow_082.jpg

67374_snow_122.jpg

this is inside the run
67374_ianuarie_10_52.jpg

What a wonderful coop/run--it looks like a chicken nursery school with the grass area, the sand area and the straw area! Well done!

Hi! I just stumbled across this thread and WOW! I could never have imagined such a creative setup. You should invite some of the gardening magazines or North Carolina Public TV to visit and feature your beautiful setup. HGTV, Better Homes and Gardens, Birds 'n Blooms, Etc. Give DH a big hug from all of us at the BYC as well.
yippiechickie.gif

Your Coop Rocks!

Love, Bunny
I live near Statesville, NC

Quote:
If you are concern about the net on the top, it can hold quite a bit of a snow. The net has a 2 in opening, and usually the snow goes right through it, but this winter we had few days of heavy and sticky snow. The net on top "give (or stretch)" a little, but hold the snow very well. When the snow was over, the net was back to normal, I didn't had to do anything to it.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67374_snow_082.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67374_snow_122.jpg
this is inside the run
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/67374_ianuarie_10_52.jpg

I think the trick to having the net survive is having it stretched somewhat. That way the snow load stays evenly distributed rather than building up in a low spot. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom