closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robin'sBrood :

GORGEOUS! I may have to take a day trip to Albemarle to see it for myself.
big_smile.png
Now, I have to ask... where is the chicken poo? All I see in every picture is CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN everything. My chickens' run is full of poo. Do you clean their run?

The poo is there but not very noticeable. They spend most of the time either on the grass bed or pine bark. The pine bark is really good for "hiding" the poo because when they scratch the ground it goes underneath the nuggets and the surface stays fairly clean, while on the raise bed the poo is excellent for fertilizing the grass. The only part where is actually noticeable is the gravel and when you go in you can see it here and there, but when it rains it washes out. Perhaps it also helps that I have only 20 bantams on a such large space.​

I must have messy chickens, I was wondering why yours don't kick the bark into the gravel, the gravel into the bark, the sand all over.....my little guys would trash the place in no time .......
sad.png

Quote:
They would if I wouldn't had the raised separations (trees) between the gravel, bark and sand.

Last edited:
Arianna,

I really enjoyed looking at your set up. The only thing I have to add that hasn't already been mentioned is "now you need to add some ducks/geese to that sweet little creek!"
lol.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom