closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you've had it said a ton of times in here already but....
ep.gif
I think I just slobbered on my keyboard looking at that setup
droolin.gif
That's AMAZING!

Quote:
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I was just thinking this exact thing and thought of a possible solution. Instead of permanent in-ground beds, my plan is to make smaller, lighter weight frames with the netting stapled/sandwiched to the top, then pick them up and store them in the fall/winter. Like make a square/rectangle out of treated 2x4s... Then since they're small and relatively flat they can just be picked up and stood on end to store for the winter.

Amazing chicken playground/utopia!!! Can't wait til we get closed on the house and get moved back to the country. Wonder how much begging it will take to get my hubby to assist in creating something like that. Whatever it takes it will be worth it!

love.gif

Wow....so love this idea. Your coop is beautiful. We have just closed all our chickens into a huge run with 6'ft horse fence because they kept jumping over our 4'ft chain link and into our back yard...and well....my dogs aren't "guardian" dogs.
sad.png
They no longer have access to the green grass or the goats barn/hay unless I let them out and and keep a watch on them....My husband and I have been trying to think of ways I can get "green" in their run and he found your post.
yippiechickie.gif

So, I am thrilled and so thankful.

We have standard size chickens though not bantams, and I think we would have to use coop wire instead of the vinyl because of the weight on the salad bar; dont you agree? I also have alot of chickens...currently at more than 30, and have 30 in a brooder.
jumpy.gif

Your human sitting area: I couldnt tell, is there a separation between that area and the chickens?

I am curious about predators. I have had coons around here. We live in a wooded area like you seem to...they aren't digging under or eating thru your netting? I know you have that dog, but does she stay there all night, even in winter? We don't get snow here, but it gets cold...20s on a bad night.

Thanks again for sharing your pictures. It really is a nice place.
Kim

Quote:
I agree with the net over the raised beds, perhaps for full size chickens you should try to use hardware net. My dog does stay there every night (including winter), but here in NC we normally don't have very hard winters and the little enclosed fenced area she has keeps the wind out and it's not to bad. Her dog house is insulated, and she is a very energetic dog who runs a lot all day long without being bother by cold. So far nothing tried to dig under the fence, but that's most likely because I have the dog right next to the coop. She is a mix beagle and she can be very loud. You are right about the wilderness in my back yard, my propriety borders a hunting club on a 80 acres of woods, and Morrow Mt. State park, but so far had I had no problems with predators.

I love the coop... Never seen anything like it. I have such an ugly little pen cause they eat up all the grass and weed and anything that grows in there. I live on an acre and a half so making a coop like yours is a GREAT idea. That way I won't be embarrased when folks want to see my set up... YOU inspired me!!!!

Dave

Your dog doesnt have full access to the coop, right? There is a door covered in netting or wire, isnt there? She doesn't chase your chickens or seem in the least bit interested in them?

I admit that I've only read seven or eight pages of praise for your coop/run, because I am short on time. I'm sure it has been said repeatedly: you are brilliant! It took me a while to figure out that you must not get heavy snows. I'd love to try something similar, maybe removing the netting once snow-season hits. What a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom