Closing the farm...

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by elevan, Sep 10, 2011.

1. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

UPDATE: See post #7 below!

Every animal that belongs to me on the farm is for sale and can be found listed here: http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13388

Any
    offer will be considered.

Farming on family land has it's drawbacks folks and hopefully I can get back to it someday but right now I am done [​IMG]

Medicine cabinet stuff and miscellaneous is listed here: http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13392
    some
    items are available now and others must wait until critters are sold

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  2. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I am so sorry to hear that your closing your farm down. You've given me wonderful advice on many subjects over the past year. What happened to cause you to make such a difficult decision? It's kind of strange, as I was actually thinking of selling all of my chickens just this past week because of the seemingly losing battle with the rats. I wish you all the best in the future.

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

So very sorry! I pray things work out well for you.

4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    So sorry to hear that.. Hopefully you will be able to start over in a couple years. [​IMG]

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    [​IMG] I am really sorry to hear this, Emily. I have been reading your journal over on BYH and it is very sad to hear that you have to close down your farm. I wish you the best.

6. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    I am so sorry to hear that. I love reading your journal. Sending you hugs and prayers. [​IMG]

7. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

I agonized over putting these animals for sale for 2 days and the moment I do it seems like things change. I guess that's good though. At this point I am cancelling my sale and hoping that I don't have to sell my animals off after all.

Thanks guys.

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:That is GREAT News! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Oh that will be FANTASTIC NEWS. I hope and pray you don't

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by