Cluck!

tsuninight

Chirping
6 Years
May 6, 2013
Maricopa, AZ
So we spoil our 4 chickens. We know it. They know it... heck I'm pretty sure everyone knows it.

Every evening we water our trees with a hose drip. When the trees were planted they made little moats around the trees and put water in them. We haven't ever filled these in, and the far one (Tree 1) is shaded by 5PM. We fill the other wells (or at least one other well) to get rid of the "hot" water then fill the far one since the chickens enjoy standing in it. They have their own little brick tub to stand in as well, but they've gotten used to their evening watering hole.

Last night my fiance went out 30 minutes later than normal to water the trees. Peep (our head hen (yes we gave her a title even if she isn't quite a full hen yet)) was standing on top of the coup. Jer started putting water in Tree 1's well and she flaps like mad off the coup and the entire way to the three flapping as hard as she can to gain speed clucking like her tail feathers were on fire. She then slams to a halt in front of the well, carefully puts both feet in the well, looks over behind her at Jer and clucks once.

She told him! How DARE the rotten humans be late to fill their evening well.

Seriously I know I keep saying this but I never expected to be as entertained by my chickens as I am. I truly expected them to be pest control and provide the occasional breakfast. We haven't gotten to the breakfast part yet, but they are fantastic pest control... and seriously I adore them. They are just freaking funny.

same here only wanted 3 and ended up with 9, how did that happen?;). Thought I was only getting them to have healthy eggs, and now I totally love all the little fuzz butts, no eggs yet just lots of love and laughs, oh and one funny little fuzz butt is a roo.:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom