CluckCluckLuke's Diary - Starting on 4/26/13. Daily Read.

He tried to get t them again!!!all is well,I'm still looking for my roo and 1 hen,but did see the roo when we were getting the polish cockerals back,and I know the Fox didn't get any,I saw him with my own eyes!!after unsuccessfully trying to open the front door.twice.he looked a little confused,probably because he heard something slam into the door he was running past.he probably got flooded out his home,it rained 6 inches here,but we got 4 inches in an hour! And this sounds weird but that is the most amazing accent I could ever imagine!

He tried to get t them again!!!all is well,I'm still looking for my roo and 1 hen,but did see the roo when we were getting the polish cockerals back,and I know the Fox didn't get any,I saw him with my own eyes!!after unsuccessfully trying to open the front door.twice.he looked a little confused,probably because he heard something slam into the door he was running past.he probably got flooded out his home,it rained 6 inches here,but we got 4 inches in an hour! And this sounds weird but that is the most amazing accent I could ever imagine!

AHH! no!

How are you going to stop this problem? I am sorry your hens had to go through this but i am glad they are all right
hugs.gif

Yeah, it's pretty funky!!!!!

4/29/13 - Today was not good
sad.png
. One of my sisters HORRIBLE cats killed one of my chicks
hit.gif
. I came home to find the chickens scattered all over garden, under logs and bushes, in trees. They were all scared stiff and I had to pick each one up and put them back in the run. They all soon got better and were eating and drinking, but then just wait straight to bed
sad.png

The cat made it worse by eating the head off
sad.png
. It was pretty disgusting and my sister won't admit that her cat did it. She reckons it was a fox..pffft!! NO WAY!

So not a good day today.

How small was the chicken? Hawks do that. Sorry for your loss! Keep on writing!

Predators.

Fox - No. Because a fox would have killed more than just one chick and I haven't seen one around here for ages.
Quoll - No. Because they are nocturnal and are very rare. Have never seen one around my way before.
Dog. No. Because we don't have wild dogs about and a dog would have killed more than 1 chick.
Hawk. No. Because I think a hawk would have taken the chick away. The chick was only about 2 months old. Maybe younger. So quite small. Also we found the body of the chick under a thick bush, I honestly don't think a Raptor could have gotten in there.
Goanna - No. Because it would straight up eat the chick whole and they prefer eggs any way, unless a chick walk straight past it.
Cat. Yes, because that cat has chased the chicks before. I was there to save them luckily though last time. Also I know her cats eats the heads off because it does it with lizards and other birds. Also the cat could get into that bush.

So I have crossed out all the predators I have and to me a cat fits it.

Thanks for reading
smile.png
. Hopefully today will be a bit better.

5/1/13 - Ahh! again was out today. But Boy has Pew Pew grown ( my rooster ) Will have to put some pictures up!
Also My neighbor said he loves hearing the sound of my rooster in the day, so that is great to hear. Now I just have to persuade my other neighbor about having a rooster
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom