Clucky's New Flock Adventures

Pics
It was hard getting the chickens to bed. I think they are used to having a little light in their coop. I had to shine a flashlight inside again and it took them a little bit to all come in. Suggestions?
Don't use the light, but put them in yourself. Might be helpful if you do it before roosting time. You should only have to do it for two weeks, but with some it's longer.

Day #3:
I'm sorry I didn't update you guys this morning, but a lot happened today!

When I let them out they came out to eat and drink and then went back inside to keep warm. The temperature is only 8F and the wind is very strong. The 3 eggs from early this morning were already frozen solid and completely cracked. :( So I had to toss them.

A little later I went to visit my former chickens! ❤️ It was awesome! The people are super nice and let me go in and hold/visit them. :D We also bought a jar of fresh raw honey from their little shop. It was so nice to see them again, and they're doing great!

I got 4 more eggs in the afternoon, and this time I collected them before they froze. So that makes 7 today! Same as yesterday.

Day #3:
I'm sorry I didn't update you guys this morning, but a lot happened today!

When I let them out they came out to eat and drink and then went back inside to keep warm. The temperature is only 8F and the wind is very strong. The 3 eggs from early this morning were already frozen solid and completely cracked. :( So I had to toss them.

A little later I went to visit my former chickens! ❤️ It was awesome! The people are super nice and let me go in and hold/visit them. :D We also bought a jar of fresh raw honey from their little shop. It was so nice to see them again, and they're doing great!

I got 4 more eggs in the afternoon, and this time I collected them before they froze. So that makes 7 today! Same as yesterday.
Wonderful!

Day #4:
It was below freezing all last night, so I had to use hot water to melt the ice on the water bucket. There were 3 eggs in the morning, and 1 a little later. I'll probably get about 3 more today. For the past 2 days theres been 7 every day. The chickens are doing good. They were hungry for breakfast and were glad to have warm water to drink.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention that the 2 that were molting are now growing feathers rapidly! :)

There. That's today update. I'll try to post pics later.

Back
Top Bottom