Clucky's Poll: *Do Your Chickens Free Range?*

Do Your Chickens Free Range?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't free range because my chickens are pets, and I couldn't bear to lose one. Even though I don't free range, I do want my chickens to have some fun in other places, so a several times a month I let them out and watch them carefully so nothing can get to them. ( Basically I guard them! ) My chickens have a HUGE coop and run though, so they are not cramped or bored at all.

I don't free range because my chickens are pets, and I couldn't bear to lose one. Even though I don't free range, I do want my chickens to have some fun in other places, so a several times a month I let them out and watch them carefully so nothing can get to them. ( Basically I guard them! ) My chickens have a HUGE coop and run though, so they are not cramped or bored at all.
I do the same though. Even though they have a fenced yard I stay out with them because of many predators around. Mine are pets too and I would be devastated if I lost one. They have eaten all the grass down in the backyard. If I move them to the front there’s no fencing and then I have issues with neighbors dogs coming over. So it’s an on going sentry duty here

Back
Top Bottom