clumsy roo

pcharm

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 5, 2013
I have a swedish flower roo apprx. 1 1/2 yrs he has been clumsy then went lame. I put him on vit b and he is now walking still clumsy but very active and eats well. I read some other posts and I am worried about mareks, he is with the rest of my chicks and has been. He has been clumsy since he was 5 mos. old and is now over a yr. Does it sound like mareks going on that long? He became lame 2wks ago it took a week of vit b to show good improvement.

THANK YOU I will try that. Do you think it sounds like mareks disease at all to you, concerned about the rest of my flock.

Is there a good wormer out there that I could use in which I dont have to get rid of the eggs during worming?

If it were Marek's it would be too late to worry. It is spread by the dander so they've already been exposed.
I believe any wormer that works will have a withdrawal period. You could just treat the rooster and not the hens to see if it has an impact.

Thank you again I will worm him today and try to get a sample from him and also some of the hens and have a vet check them.

Back
Top Bottom