CO Hatching Eggs

Hi Colorado poultry lovers! I have had a hard time with shipped eggs, and I think that there is an elevation factor besides the USPS issues. I live in Montana at 4800 elevation and I would like to connect up with some higher elevation (3500-6500 ft) poultry raisers and see if their eggs hatch better for me. I only do pure-breeds. I am looking for Crested Cream Legbar eggs, Ameraucana, Wellsummer, Orpingtons, and a number of others. Will consider almost any type. Also turkeys and ducks. Anyone willing to work with me on this?
I also have some breeds if you are interested in a trade. Right now I have separated into pens: my bantam Mille Fleur Cochins, Blue Wheaten Ameraucana, and silkies with some frizzle & regular bantam cochins. I will be separating out my Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons and also my French Black Copper Marans in the next week or two. My Blue Salmon Favorelles and Turkens will be separated out later into the summer. Thanks!

I'm interested in your BCM and Turkens. I hope to have some Crested Cream legbar eggs by the end of summer but would also be willing to pay for your eggs. I too haven't had good luck with shipped eggs but would be willing to try some from a similar elevation.

I'm interested in your BCM and Turkens. I hope to have some Crested Cream legbar eggs by the end of summer but would also be willing to pay for your eggs. I too haven't had good luck with shipped eggs but would be willing to try some from a similar elevation.

When you do have CCL eggs I'd love to get some. Please keep me on your list.

No Problem I Already Have Cochin's & Just Hatched Out 16 But I Would Like A Few Other Colors....I'll Let You Know If I Hear Of Any...

I am very interested in some americaunas and silkies. Although I don't want them until august. I wanted for my oldest daughter to be able to help raise the chicks and she is gone for the summer. And I also need time to get the coop built. Please pm me with prices and availability. And let me know if you will have any available for august.

I am very interested in some americaunas and silkies. Although I don't want them until august. I wanted for my oldest daughter to be able to help raise the chicks and she is gone for the summer. And I also need time to get the coop built. Please pm me with prices and availability. And let me know if you will have any available for august.

Welcome! When you get a little closer to being ready make sure to re-post - right now I'm getting a half dozen Silkie eggs a day, but if the girls decide to go broody that will come to a screeching halt, and no way to predict when (not if) that will happen.

I have a dozen Silkie eggs laid in the last two days if anyone is interested, $12 for the dozen. I'm leaving shortly to run errands, feel free to text or call me if you want them. 719-492-0688.

Pozzees,

I would love to try my hand at hatching silkie eggs, I covet them so much!!

I'm going to be at wardel's feed for the chicken swap this weekend, do you ever make it up here? If so, I'm most interested in a dozen!!! I'm making a home made bator, getting the thermostat tomorrow (today) and setting it up to get it all dialed in!! I'm interested in black, lavander and porcelain silkies if you have those colors available in your fertile eggs. I'm planning on dry hatching method and want to use localish eggs. Let me know!

Back
Top Bottom