CO Hatching Eggs

I have a humidifier in an unused bedroom (daughter is 23 years old, thousands of miles away, empty nester here) that I'm planning for the incubator as we already closed up all the air vents to that room and it maintains the same ambient temperature.

It looks like I might get ccl from ashdoes as chicks (fingers crossed), pozees maybe silkie chicks too, and cemani chicks.

That leaves BCM. Anyone in CO with BCM, polish or bresse hatching eggs or chicks?

Hi all - happy August to you; the best time of Colorado weather is just around the corner! Don't you just love Colorado falls? :)

I once again need to "thin the herds - er flocks - a bit. I have some gorgeous extra roosters in rare color English orpingtons (reds; gold lace; jubilee; chocolate bantam; and spangled/mottled - all are large fowl except the chocs). Most of these guys (well and their hens) are just starting to produce eggs.

I also have ayam cemani hatching eggs. I am working on getting correct color in this breed and I will (try) to cull heavily (ok - I admit - culling is not my favorite thing!). But these are purebred cemani and if you are interested in black meat birds or working on the cemani breed please email me. Since the roosters I have are pet quality (ie dark red combs/wattles rather than black) I will sell the eggs for pet prices. But my understanding is that around 20% of the chicks may in fact have correct pigment. I'm no expert but I'm interested in seeing if some of you want to learn with me! Anyway - pm me if you want to follow up.

Hi! We're in Parker and just lost one of our two hens this morning :( She jumped over the fence and the neighbor's idiot dog got her. Now our lone hen is very sad and keeps squawking, so I know i need to get another one or two to put in there. She's young--just about to start laying, I think-- and is a silver wyandotte. She was the more submissive of the two birds. We need one or two replacements who are relatively quiet breeds (our area is terribly suburban, and our neighbors are great about the chickens, but will be much less so if we get loud ones). Do you have any that would work for us? Please and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Kristie Webber
7202731033 (I prefer texting, but am also still able to answer the phone, ha!)

My email address is [email protected]

Hi! We're in Parker and just lost one of our two hens this morning :( She jumped over the fence and the neighbor's idiot dog got her. Now our lone hen is very sad and keeps squawking, so I know i need to get another one or two to put in there. She's young--just about to start laying, I think-- and is a silver wyandotte. She was the more submissive of the two birds. We need one or two replacements who are relatively quiet breeds (our area is terribly suburban, and our neighbors are great about the chickens, but will be much less so if we get loud ones). Do you have any that would work for us? Please and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Kristie Webber
7202731033 (I prefer texting, but am also still able to answer the phone, ha!)

My email address is [email protected]

If you don't have luck on here check a local swap. Denver has one the first sat of the month, Wydell's (sp?) has one, and there was just one at the Elizabeth Big R. I saw quite a few POL chickens there.

There's a chicken swap in castle rock this weekend with the all things homestead ppl.

I can't split up my flock of laying hens, but I have 26 4 week old chicks, slw, br and white leghorn if you want any little chicks?

it's horrible to lose a chicken. I cry each time it happened, 1 was cocci, the other was one of my greyhounds got a baby chick. Very hard important lessons for me.

It's much cooler today than I had expected. Not going to let the itty bitties go out for supervised free ranging.

kierstens flock of ayum cemani are BEAUTIFUL btw, and I have picts I took of them back in June. And I'm adding some of her ac and svart honas from another byc member to my flocks.

Now I need to go get marigolds and weeds and grass for my ladies. Going to see is Jeanette or Bessie who is is the cause of 2 blue eggs yesterday. Soo eggcited.

Last edited:
I have hatching eggs available for Silkies, Bantam Cochins, and Ameraucanas plus an EE and Cuckoo Marans covered by the Black Ameraucana male. $1 per egg. I have eggs collected Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week as well as whatever I collect the rest of the week, and can do a mix if you prefer, or if you want everything I've collected a particular day or more I can do that as well, including the eggs from the Rhode Island Reds, although those can be pure or Speckled Sussex crosses, as there are two SS hens laying in the pen. I have a dozen from Monday, 8 Tuesday, and 11 yesterday. Can bring with me to work if you wish to pick up at exit 119, I live 35 miles south of there and you can pick them up from me at home as well if that's closer to you.

Back
Top Bottom