Co-Worker Rant*****

Boyd

Recipient of The Biff Twang
10 Years
Mar 14, 2009
MI
So I get called to the mat today because somebody told the boss I take 45 minute breaks.

We work 8 hour days with two 15 minute breaks all paid. I have never (let me repeat) never taken more than that. I like my job, I like the folks I work with and the only thing I love more is coming home to my family. Tonight I was tucking in the 4yo dd and rescuing the munky (almost a year old now ACK
barnie.gif
) from his port-a-crib ...

When this $#ASDGASFGNN GASDAQSDFGGHDFASSDFAAFSDDGHasdgk person told this untruth to my supervisor. I suppose the look on my face was convincing enough when I told him Heck no.... Boss man wouldn't tell me who it was though.. Then come to find out at the end of the day it's one of the guys I'm friends with.

Full stop

Do not pass go...

This guy tried to have me fired. The fact that I live a righteous life to the best of my abilities, not lie, cheat, steal or do no harm if I have to.............. Well, now I want to...... But I won't.. Like I said, I love my job.

But I do want to confront him. I want to talk this out, and I want to find out WHY this was even said?! What do ya'll think?

I am going to give it a few days no matter what because there's enough of the old me left to know I would have a hard time being..... Um... Nice.. yeah nice.. But I do want to have words with him. Think facebook is a good icebreaker or should I just randomly call his cell?

He did avoid me the last part of the day, and made sure to leave long after I did (got that info from a coworker who called my cell)... ACK! I so want to go jackie chan right about now.. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Put away the Jackie Chan and do what your heart told you to do - wait a few days. That being said.... People that do that, will continue to do stuff like that over and over again. Unfortunately, you may need to find a way around that butthead. He apparently has a mission, and a conversation with you is not going to change that. In fact, he may be all friendly to your face and be planning an attack behind your back.

Can ya tell? Been there done THAT!!!!

NO to the FB idea, he can print off anything you write and take it back to work.
he.gif

Maybe you should buy him a Timex
hide.gif
sounds like his watch might be broken.

I really dont like people like that, they should be working and not paying any attention to you anyway.

I used to supervise about 80 peeps in 6 different areas for Boeing, long time ago.
old.gif

When someone tattled I just would tell them they couldn't be working too hard if they were so busy keeping up with how many times Suzy went to the bathroom.

BIG
hugs.gif
to you and a BIG
smack.gif
for your co-worker

Quote:
That's the thing, We don't even work in the same areas 90% of the time.. Naw, I wouldn't say anything incriminating.. but he was overheard by a few co-workers who told him he was full of it and then told the boss. I just don't get it
idunno.gif

Water off a ducks.....back Boyd. There are nutso's out there, and they aren't us.

I worked with what must have been your dude's sister or something. Sweet as pie, chummy as all get out, what I thought was a good friend....

...until she sent a nasty email complaining about me. Unfortunately she addressed it to me, and not the person she was intending (who she always complained about to me). Oops. I did reply to her, just stated, "I think you sent this to the wrong person." She worked in the cube across from me, and she was all ticked then.

I ended up getting a new position shortly after. I hear she's still up to the same tricks, and well, it's getting her nowhere fast. No one wants to work with her.

There are a lot of backstabbers out there. The only person who you need to be on excellent terms with is your boss, but I'd just keep cool to the guy, he'll find other people to complain about, and eventually it will bite him in the butt. Folks like this seem to live in some alternate reality, and even if you question them, they will always put the blame back on you, and it's just not worth dealing with. They think they are always right, and will go to no end to prove it, even if it's backwards and wrong.

Take the high road and remember silence is golden and a glaring stare will get your point across.
People who pull stunts like this get figured out pretty quickly.

hugs.gif

it must be very frustrating for you right now.

the best thing to do is keep your cool. if you go off you'll look like the unstable one.

do not say anything to this person or they may twist your words and run to the boss.

Back
Top Bottom