cobbled a bator togeather in about an hour

chillmiller

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Tonopah/AZ
ya my "broody" is well not broody and i wanna hatch some eggs so last night i gathered this stuff from around my property only things i still need is the temp switch a water wiggler and one of the digital thermometers with humidity
i put a 40 wat bulb in it last night and right around the light was 99.6-100F but center was at 92 and rear was at 86 so i grabed a 50/100/150 dimmer bulb and put it on 100 and the center was at 120!!

100_0892.jpg

100_0893.jpg

I think i would go back to the 40watt buld and see if you can fine a small computer fan to circulate the air., this will probably stabilize the temps.

To wire the water heater thermostat, just cut one of the wires going to your light. Hook the just cut ends, each to a seperate screw on the thermostat and plug it back in. You did unplug it before you cut the wire didnt you!!!

I turn the water heater thermostat down to it lowest setting, usually 90* and work the temps up a little at a time to get it just right. With the thermostat turned all the way down, your lights might not turn on right away, if not just turn the adjustment enought to make the lights turn on and then monitor your temps. If the temp swings are to large, just move the thermostat a little closer to the light and this will tighten up the temp range.

Back
Top Bottom