Cocci again?

Ah I DID mean coccidiosis. People talk about coccivet so I assumed it was the same thing. In laws haven’t mentioned bloody stools but the coop is large. I’ll ask them to check now they’ve been relocated to the hospital run. I’ll see if they can get some corid. It’s a country town (that we had just moved to) so I’m not sure what the options are. If they had lived through other chicks in their much smaller run getting coccidiosis without getting it I assumed they would now be immune- I guess this isn’t the case?
Unfortunately not necessarily.. There are different strains of coccidiosis. And people refer to coccidiosis as cocci all the time (although they are not the same thing) so I just wanted to clarify which one you feel you are dealing with.
Bloody stools is a real telltale sign, but not always present - just nearly always.
Where are you located? Then we can tell you which medicine you should be able to get if not corid.

Unfortunately not necessarily.. There are different strains of coccidiosis. And people refer to coccidiosis as cocci all the time (although they are not the same thing) so I just wanted to clarify which one you feel you are dealing with.
Bloody stools is a real telltale sign, but not always present - just nearly always.
Where are you located? Then we can tell you which medicine you should be able to get if not corid.
Currently on holiday in Bali

But the chicks are in south west of Western Australia.

I’ve asked them to pick up medication but I don’t think they’ve done it. It’s so frustrating being so far away.

I’m not actually sure what they have now. Now some older birds are sick. My father in law has sent me a video but it’s not letting me add it. They appear to be stretching their necks and gasping.

Ah it’s so awful not being there to fix it and in laws are like, oh well, you went on holiday.

Back
Top Bottom