Cocci options?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by tazcat70, Jul 3, 2011.

1. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Ok I have searched and found the names of the meds that will help, however I checked online at Tractor Supply and they don't seem to have it. We do have a vet supply that should have it, but they won't be open until Tuesday. I will be going to check out TS to look for myself, but if I can't find it, can I buy medicated feed to hopefully ease the situation until Tues?

I had been feeding medicated food, but my 3 yr old son, eats the stuff. [​IMG]. And so I switched to unmedicated about a month ago.

2. tazcat70

Well I hope it helps because TS did not have anything....so got the medicated crumbles.

3. tazcat70

Well the one little chick that I noticed with the bloody stools is still alive tonight. I will try to update over the next few days to let everyone know, if caught early if it will work. I also put fresh pine chips down.

4. tazcat70

So far everyhing and everyone is looking good. The one little chick still seems a little off, but is eating and drinking.

5. tazcat70

Just another update to say that everyone is still alive, and seem to be doing ok.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    You can order Corid 9.6% solution and/or Corid 20% soluable powder from Jefferslivestock.com or you can call them.

7. tazcat70

Thank you Dawg!

8. Squishypuff

Squishypuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    Kernersville, NC
    Feeding the medicated food won't do any good, but I also did it to make myself feel a little better. I'm glad everyone is alive and ok so far, I lost one of mine because I could not find meds. It's very frustrating to know what you need and not have immediate access.

9. tazcat70

Everyone is still doing ok, I never did make it to get the Corid, but I now know where it is locally if I see any more problems.

10. CatDaddyAlbert

CatDaddyAlbert NoFeathersRuffled

Apr 22, 2011
    Gumboro, Delaware
    Quote:Just curious...is he clucking yet? [​IMG]

In all seriousness the only medication in medicated feed is Amprolium and with the small amount in the feed I would not worry about it unless he is eating by the bag full. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by