cocci

rick374

In the Brooder
May 13, 2021
I presume my chickens which are approx 2 years old have cocci, they have poop from their be hide that is runny no blood but it yellow in color and their whole tail end is covered with clumps of poop and is hard. I have treated them now for 5-6 days with corid in the water and they do not seen to be getting better. They are not laying they are drinking and eating some. I even went as far to give them corid directly into the mouth orally and also put it in there water. Can anyone help me please what maybe I can do. Thanks Rick

I presume my chickens which are approx 2 years old have cocci, they have poop from their be hide that is runny no blood but it yellow in color and their whole tail end is covered with clumps of poop and is hard. I have treated them now for 5-6 days with corid in the water and they do not seen to be getting better. They are not laying they are drinking and eating some. I even went as far to give them corid directly into the mouth orally and also put it in there water. Can anyone help me please what maybe I can do. Thanks Rick
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:wee
Oh no, I hope they get better..

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Rick, I'd give them a broad spectrum wormer, like Safeguard and wash all of them up.
Then I'd put a good probiotic into their food and keep a very close eye on them for any potential vent gleet.
If you leave that poop encrusted on them they can become the victims of fly strike.

Back
Top Bottom