Coccidia possible?

Doubletroublefarm

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
So where I live it’s recently been raining all the time and we have had such wet conditions. Well I e had a few chickens die out of the blue. Showed no signs then all a sudden weak lethargic then dead.
Had one of my turkeys seem fine and then got really weak and then had seizures and died in my arms. A few days before that I had noticed a few piles of orangish/yellow poop. Started the whole flock on corrid in their water but think it was too late for turkey..

Now I’ve seen a few more piles of the bright brown/yellow poop.. is it coccidia?? What else should I do to protect all my birds?

The birds that have died range from 1 year to 2 years. Should I just keep suing corrid after the recommended 5 days? I’ll get a pic of the poor tomorrow. Haven’t seen any blood yet
They're too old for Coccidiosis then, & most like already been exposed, & immune to it.

It could be black head disease, which is something I've never dealt with.

well the turkey was 4 months old.
I’ve never dealt with black head either and it makes me nervous that’s what it was
A 4 month old Turkey maybe still susceptible to Coccidiosis, & the mystery Disease you have going on.

One characteristic of black head Disease is yellow runny poo.

Back
Top Bottom