Coccidiosis??? Need help!!

BeakerTheBantam

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
So my bantam has been poopin' watery droppings. And yesterday i notice a jelly-like(not runny at all) blood on the floor. When I wiped it with tissue paper, it seems like she passed it with watery urates.
Here's the photo👇👇👇👇
IMG20201029105225.jpg

And then i checked her next poop and i found an orange tint. I dont know whats happening with her rn, really.
Here's the photo👇👇👇👇
IMG20201029111956.jpg

Ive been checking her poop since yesterday to see if i can still find blood or the orange tint in it. I saw orange tint twice this morning.(from philippines)
I hope someone can help me! Im running out of time coz there is a storm coming and i need to go out to buy chicken med. Thanks guys

Can you try to get either amprollium or sulfa antibiotics (sulfadimethoxine, sulfamethazine, Bactrim) to treat her for coccidiosis? In some countries both of those may have to come from a vet. Toltrazuril is another possible drug to look for. The bright red jelly like blood could be from possible coccidiosis, and the orangey material may be intestinal lining. Worming her with fendbendazole or albendazole would also be good to do. Worms can also cause blood in poops. Make sure to keep their bedding dry nd clean, and wet warm conditions can cause both conditions to be more common.

Can you try to get either amprollium or sulfa antibiotics (sulfadimethoxine, sulfamethazine, Bactrim) to treat her for coccidiosis? In some countries both of those may have to come from a vet. Toltrazuril is another possible drug to look for. The bright red jelly like blood could be from possible coccidiosis, and the orangey material may be intestinal lining. Worming her with fendbendazole or albendazole would also be good to do. Worms can also cause blood in poops. Make sure to keep their bedding dry nd clean, and wet warm conditions can cause both conditions to be more common.
I just wormed her and she passed lots of worms(dead and alive). She overcome the stress but still has watery poop.
I will buy sulfa antibiotics coz i think i found some here. I mean, she's active and all when i found the blood. Thank you so much!

Let us know what sulfa drug you have for us to help with dosage. But if you had success with the worms, that could have been the main problem. How old is she? She may be old enough to be tolerant of the coccidia in the soil there. You could hold off treating for a week or so to see if she needs it ir not. In the meantime give some vitamins and a little plain yogurt for some probiotics. What did you use for worming? Usually wormers need to be repeated in 10-14 days to get the worm eggs.

Let us know what sulfa drug you have for us to help with dosage. But if you had success with the worms, that could have been the main problem. How old is she? She may be old enough to be tolerant of the coccidia in the soil there. You could hold off treating for a week or so to see if she needs it ir not. In the meantime give some vitamins and a little plain yogurt for some probiotics. What did you use for worming? Usually wormers need to be repeated in 10-14 days to get the worm eggs.
Sure sure. I'll keep you guys posted. She's 7 months old. What else can i give her for probiotics besides yogurt coz i dont have it on hand?
I used Wormal tablet. Yes i did repeated deworming her after 15 days i guess. The second time i wormed her, that's when lots of worms were flushed.

Foods that have probiotics are kefir, sauerkraut, some soft cheeses, sourdough, and non-filtered apple cider vinegar with “mother.” Many commercial chicken feeds contain probiotics on the label.

It's 5pm here. And when i checked her overnight poo, i haven't seen orange-y tint. But after feeding she poop this big one and there again is the orange thing.👇👇
IMG20201102080157.jpg

Then this one on lunch time👇
IMG20201102094402.jpg

I realise that she's passing the orange once every morning. Can she recover from it? I mean she's really active and eats a lot.

Attachments

• IMG20201102080157.jpg
    IMG20201102080157.jpg
    479.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG20201102080157.jpg
    IMG20201102080157.jpg
  • IMG20201102080157.jpg
    IMG20201102080157.jpg
I would give her more time to recover from the worm infestation. Or give her a third worm cure within 14 days in case you were a little late last time.

At the grocery shop they sell all kind of natural yoghurts and sweetened pro-biotic drinks to give her a boost.

I would never give antibiotics if you are not sure this is going to help. Bc it might weaken her health. And also bc people /farmers can grow resistant bacteria if they use antibiotics for chickens . This can cause serious problems for humans in the long term.

I would give her more time to recover from the worm infestation. Or give her a third worm cure within 14 days in case you were a little late last time.

At the grocery shop they sell all kind of natural yoghurts and sweetened pro-biotic drinks to give her a boost.

I would never give antibiotics if you are not sure this is going to help. Bc it might weaken her health. And also bc people /farmers can grow resistant bacteria if they use antibiotics for chickens . This can cause serious problems for humans in the long term.
Thank you! I will continue to observe her and will let yall know it!

Back
Top Bottom