coccidisos or ??????

bobobo29885

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2018
30069715_10212148763216395_2013231591_o.jpg 30069715_10212148763216395_2013231591_o.jpg ok so we have a 3?? week old hamburg chick.... we got her farm wed! she seemed to be laying around with her wings dropped down sleeping alot. she does eat and does drink. i am soo confused.
Symptoms- bloody poo, ruffled feathers. she is not as active as the one weeker we have so i am a little lost. she has been getting corid since thursday. today makes day 5 (4-3-18) when is it okay to reunite them all together. we also got a light brahma chicken from the same lady.

Now back to the other day. we took our kids to pick out some chicks some we bought from a hardware store(3) the other was a polish hen we got from a farm. it was so tiny and had poop all over its feet balls of mud around the toes and missing toenails. the feet were red. i couldnt leave it so we got it well big mistake on my part!!!! IT HAD COCCIDISOS!!! drainage from nose. we took him back and got the hamburg and light Brahma. well we saw red poop, so i separated them and now the three we originally bought together are together and the other two are living together. if they are pooping blood does that mean it is coccidisos too. just incase we are giving them corid, and we are doing medicated feed. the darn chicken makes me think he is dead every time i look in there hes always sleeping. anyways i am going to post pictures. does this look normal? is the picture of the poop- is that the linning of intestines ? i havent seen red poop in days! also they are having diarrhea . i dont know what else to do ??? i have given it corrid i have given it yogurt and egg ?? help meeeee please

Attachments

• 4-2-18poop.jpg
    4-2-18poop.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 7
  • 30070074_10212148763176394_1762689897_o (1).jpg
    30070074_10212148763176394_1762689897_o (1).jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 7
side note it was asleep when i took the picture i think i woke her up when i took the picture because she just opened her eyes when the flash went off

The hamburg chick looks very unwell. Can you get it drinking the medicated water by dipping it’s beak, pausing to let it swallow and repeat. Which type of Corid do you have—powder or liquid. How much are you adding to a gallon of water? Dosage is 1.5 tsp of powder or 2 tsp of liquid Corid per gallon of water for 7 days. What temperature is your brooder? She needs to be kept warm, at least 85 degrees F with a thermometer on the floor. She may eat some wet chicken feed made thin with some Corid water— just mix a small bit. I would not be surprised if she doesn’t make it, but I would keep trying to help her.

i have been giving her 2 tsp a gal (i make it in a milk jug cuz we use a little water) i dump it out and i give the other babies 1/2 tsp of corid just incase. the temp in there is 84 they are kept in our living room so i can keep a good eye on them. i am not sure what to do i know so is drinking the water i gave them hard boiled eggs and it acted l like it hasnt eaten in forever but they all do. i am just so confused and sad!!

If you can give the little hamburg 2 drops of the undiluted Corid twice a day, it may jump start the Corid. I would continue the Corid for a full 7 days, then reduce the dosage for another week. Good luck.

If she will fight we will too!! the people at tractor supply told me to cull it because it wont make it. but here we are 5 days later and still alive. i paid 10 for each of the birds that came from the farm then 20 for the corid!!! so it better know it is one special chicken if it does make it !!! i now will only buy from npip breeders!! i have learned my lesson i just feel so bad for the little fella. she was so unsocial now she will come up to you if you give her a crumble of egg or mealworm.
The other one in there what do i do about that? i saw red poop about a week ago and seperated those two from the other three and they have gotten 2 tsp of corid. could it be she isnt getting enough corid so i keep giving the corid to the light brahma ? do i keep giving it as a precautionary to the others that are in the other brooder (they are a week old and was with the two for about a day and a half.

separated** may help if i learn how to spell haha

i gave her yogurt to try to get some good guys in her gut. should i keep giving it or no i have read mixed reviews some say to wait until they are done with the corid. if im giving her straight corid do i keep it in the water too ?

Back
Top Bottom