Wyorp Rock

Hi Ya'll🙂
Premium Feather Member
Sep 20, 2015
Southern N.C. Mountains
So as you can probably already imagine no changes in the two lethargic ones as it’s been less than a day. I will make a new batch everyday like told, I took a new pic from today.
If you have a couple that are lethargic, then I would also direct drench them in addition to them drinking the mixed Corid water.

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Corid Powder with 2 teaspoons of water. Give a direct oral dose of this solution (drench) to each lethargic chick at a rate of 0.34ml per pound of weight once a day for 3 days.
This direct drench will hopefully jump start them.

If they are not drinking the mixed Corid water that is in their water station throughout the day, then a few times a day, syringe some of that water into them too. Sometimes when they are really not well, they don't drink on their own, so syringing the Corid water is the way to go.

ILoveBabySilkies

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
WPB, FL
If you have a couple that are lethargic, then I would also direct drench them in addition to them drinking the mixed Corid water.

Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Corid Powder with 2 teaspoons of water. Give a direct oral dose of this solution (drench) to each lethargic chick at a rate of 0.34ml per pound of weight once a day for 3 days.
This direct drench will hopefully jump start them.

If they are not drinking the mixed Corid water that is in their water station throughout the day, then a few times a day, syringe some of that water into them too. Sometimes when they are really not well, they don't drink on their own, so syringing the Corid water is the way to go.
I’ve heard of accidentally causing asphyxiation so is there like a certain way I would need to enter the syringe into them so I don’t kill them?

Top Bottom