Cochin Bantam chicks. Help me sex them please.

El Rancherito

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2017
Riverside, CA
20170514_184415.jpg 20170514_184425.jpg 20170514_184534.jpg 20170514_184540.jpg

Hello I have 2 Cochin Bantam chicks which I bred and incubated. They will be 7 weeks tomorrow! I was hoping that someone could help me sex them. Thank You.
*The first two pictures are of one, and the other two are of the other.

First is definitely a cockerel. Thinking the other looks like a pullet for now.  Are you sure the second isn't a Cochin mix of some sort? It's got an adorable, tiny little crest starting and extra toes. 
~Alex
Snapchat-1635697982.jpg
Thank you so much. I'm not sure about the second one....... I have noticed that it is way smaller than the first one. It may belong to my shorter chicken (chicken close to rooster) because of the size. The two close to the rooster are the odd ones because one has a short stature and the other has more feathers on its head.

We got buff Orpington and they where bought at the same time.... about 3.5 weeks ago but the big one has grown a lot compared to the other one and it's feet are huge!! Could you tell if it's a roo yet?

Attachments

• IMG_3123.JPG
    IMG_3123.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 16
We got buff Orpington and they where bought at the same time.... about 3.5 weeks ago but the big one has grown a lot compared to the other one and it's feet are huge!! Could you tell if it's a roo yet?
Give it a few more weeks. I see nothing that goes either way yet.

Sorry I'm new to the sight so forgive me. This book has helped me. Hatching & Brooding your own chicks by Gail damerow My mom has been raising, incubating her own chicks, turkeys, quail and doces but still has a hard time sexing certain breeds then we found this book so we will see how it goes from here.

Attachments

• IMG_8124.JPG
    IMG_8124.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom