Cochin bantams all colors! Please post your pics here, I’d love to see some beautiful birds

Do you have a garage?
We used to keep chicks in a dog crate in the garage!
Oh goodness I wish. We bought this old farmhouse and we have a huge tobacco barn but it’s located about 10 feet from the trees and brush and we don’t farm tobacco lol. Beautiful barn but old and not fit for wintering small livestock. It’s all good though every year is a challenge for me to outsmart my friendly neighborhood raccoon 🦸‍♀️

Aw man, sorry to hear that, we acquired ours from a feed store, maybe it was just a bad batch, it can happen, last year, I think, I lost at least three chicks!
Thanks, I always expect to be heartbroken at least once ya know stuff is bound to happen. I feel like I’m either hover mothering my children or hover mothering my birds lol. It just sucks that working so hard to get them to about four months and something like an opossum, fox or hawk drops in for a snack and my precious bird is gone.

Thanks, I always expect to be heartbroken at least once ya know stuff is bound to happen. I feel like I’m either hover nothing my children or hover mothering my birds lol. It just sucks that parking so hard to get them to about four months and something like an opossum, fox or hawk drops in for a snack and my precious bird is gone.
If it is predators, keep them in a dog crate, we have done that, and we also keep ours in a spare dog kennel!

Oh my goodness we live out in the woods in Tn And I’ve literally got one of those shelter buildings that you back a camper into and it’s been covered with hardware cloth and these wild animals out here are determined to rain on my parade , honestly it’s like they think my couple acres is a life size charcuterie board ha
Do you have a garage?
We used to keep chicks in a dog crate in the garage!

Oh goodness I wish. We bought this old farmhouse and we have a huge tobacco barn but it’s located about 10 feet from the trees and brush and we don’t farm tobacco lol. Beautiful barn but old and not fit for wintering small livestock. It’s all good though every year is a challenge for me to outsmart my friendly neighborhood raccoon 🦸‍♀️
Wow!
Could you keep them in the house?

Ah I’ve done that for other babes but not big birds lol and I have quite a few
I am in LOVE!
flower dance.gif

I have one pullet sitting on two of the bantam cochin eggs! And the cool thing is, we have a Buff Brahma rooster, Red, the bantam Cochin, and Ezra, the barnyard mix boy! SO the babies could look like anything! It is going to be a surprise!

Well, we are darn glad to have you!
You won't find a better flock anywhere else but on BYC!
Thanks you guys, still new to this site(I don’t do Facebook, Twitter or any social media) and this is such a nice positive place to get out of my head and talk chickens(no one in my family or circle of friends has chickenS let alone pets at all). I’ve always thought chickens friends are the best friends🥰

Back
Top Bottom