Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Can anyone tell if this little one is a frizzle? My husband got him at a feed store here in California. There are no other chicks out of the six he brought home that are feathering out like this one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

i had a
D.gif
splash bantam cochin i loved her color and her sweet personality
hugs.gif
. i would buy more of the same color as her just because they are the best color out there
love.gif

Sadly, I woke up the day before yesterday and its little neck was crooked I thought it could be the onset of wry neck but the guys at the feed store said it was either acts of attrition in the brooder by the other five chicks or a birth defect that was only now presenting itself. I took care of him/her through the night without any change in condition, I was told it would pass no matter what I did and that was true he/she passed yesterday afternoon. My favorite of the six I have it was just the little oddball of the group. I am new to chickens and did not prepare myself for the loss of any of them. Is this something that occurs with every set of chicks?

Sadly, I woke up the day before yesterday and its little neck was crooked I thought it could be the onset of wry neck but the guys at the feed store said it was either acts of attrition in the brooder by the other five chicks or a birth defect that was only now presenting itself. I took care of him/her through the night without any change in condition, I was told it would pass no matter what I did and that was true he/she passed yesterday afternoon. My favorite of the six I have it was just the little oddball of the group. I am new to chickens and did not prepare myself for the loss of any of them. Is this something that occurs with every set of chicks?
Sometimes it happens, something just wasn't right. I wonder if the other chicks were picking on her, hence her feathers looking like that, they know when one of their own is not well.

You know that's what the guys at the feed store said could happen if I put him/ her back in that condition. I kept him/ her in another quickly put together brooder overnight until its passing. The big brooder is in the house so I see them all the time and her little feathers were ( so it seemed to me ) growing in that way. Although now that my little oddball is gone it seems that things in the brooder have changed. I now have 3 oegb and 2 cochin. One of the cochin bantams is bigger than any of the others by far although I did get them all at the same time and age. This biggest one seems to not get along with any of the others very well all of a sudden and this afternoon I found him/her with a feather in its mouth (looks like it came from the other cochin) it is also in a full out battle with one of my oegb. Not to sure how to stop this any suggestions?

Hi...I'm new to BYC and the chicken world. Recently purchased frizzle rooster and sizzle hen. Now really looking for frizzle or smooth lavender pekin, bantam or cochin...but really want to stick with lacender...can you help me out?

Can anyone tell if this little one is a frizzle? My husband got him at a feed store here in California. There are no other chicks out of the six he brought home that are feathering out like this one.

Thanks in advance for any help!
No, not Frizzled. Probably vitamin deficiency. Try some Vit E in the chick starter to see if that helps and deworm.

Back
Top Bottom