Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
These guys are still young but I thought I would share some pics I took yesterday. They are 10 wks. old.

Any idea what color she would be?

There are two pics of the same rooster. Trying to show his little bit of dark tail feathers.

My two dark hens. One is not as dark at the other, maybe a blue when she grows up.
just beautiful!
big_smile.png

Anyone got any idea about the hen above? Or is she not even a real colour. Lovely the frizzles looks like two blue hens not too sure what your would call the boy but he reminds me of peppermint

Last edited:
My friend talked me into buying the Bantam Special on Ideal Poultry last week. So right now I have 25 assorted tiny's running around in my house. I think I have most of them figured out on what they are, but I was wondering at what age would you start to see the Frizzle, since I know that they have Frizzle Cochins, and there are about 3-4 in there that are 4 days old, and their wing feathers are not coming in laying straight, but somewhat curvy at the end. I'm getting excited because I've always wanted a Frizzle. But I just didn't know at what age you usually can tell. My friend is taking about 8-10 next week, and I'm only going to keep maybe 5. So I just don't want to re-home them before I know if there is a Frizzle in the bunch.

Thanks

My friend talked me into buying the Bantam Special on Ideal Poultry last week. So right now I have 25 assorted tiny's running around in my house. I think I have most of them figured out on what they are, but I was wondering at what age would you start to see the Frizzle, since I know that they have Frizzle Cochins, and there are about 3-4 in there that are 4 days old, and their wing feathers are not coming in laying straight, but somewhat curvy at the end. I'm getting excited because I've always wanted a Frizzle. But I just didn't know at what age you usually can tell. My friend is taking about 8-10 next week, and I'm only going to keep maybe 5. So I just don't want to re-home them before I know if there is a Frizzle in the bunch.

Thanks

I think most people say around 7 to 10 days but I was pretty sure about mine at a few days old.

I love Cochins! I have about 10 standard Cochin hens and about 25 bantam Cochins of all different colors including Blue, Buff, Mottled and a few Black, Splash, Partridge, Silver and golden Penciled. Plus some Cochin mixes. But my favorite color is blue and I'm currently working on a Mille Cochin project. I'll post a few pics. Also, I've been looking at Lemon Blue Cochins and have fallen in love with the color.
love.gif
I Don't want to change the topic but does anyone have any Lemon Blue chicks or adults they'd be willing to send to AZ? Beautiful birds everyone!

Last edited:
I am looking for some lemon blue bantams in KS also. Pretty hard to find.
I love Cochins! I have about 10 standard Cochin hens and about 25 bantam Cochins of all different colors including Blue, Buff, Mottled and a few Black, Splash, Partridge, Silver and golden Penciled. Plus some Cochin mixes. But my favorite color is blue and I'm currently working on a Mille Cochin project. I'll post a few pics. Also, I've been looking at Lemon Blue Cochins and have fallen in love with the color.
love.gif
I Don't want to change the topic but does anyone have any Lemon Blue chicks or adults they'd be willing to send to AZ? Beautiful birds everyone!

Thanks

I can't tell from my pictures how early I could tell, but it was the wingtips that curled... by 9 days certainly:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6451919/black-frizzle-cochin-bantam/

Back
Top Bottom