Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
I have hatched Frizzle chicks from smooth parents and just had a friend do the same from her smooths. They are out of Frizzles.
Some say they can not carry the curled feather gene but I have seen it happen too often from mine to believe they do not.
However, I can tell you, I have many "experts" tell me a lot of things that the genetics can not do that happens for me. All I can say is that the birds do not read the books. Humans do not know it all and there is plenty of head scratching that goes on everywhere and you hear "That wasn't supposed to happen."

Ok, that's what I had read also, that the smooths "didn't carry the gene" but it stands to reason that it is a mutation and it could pop up anywhere and would be more likely if there were a curly feather in their lineage. These guys are all only 6-8 days old so it's still hard to tell.

By the way, I'm loving looking at all your pens and birds on your website, thanks for sharing it!

Thanks

You should be able to tell from the wing feathers at this age if they are curling or not. They start very quickly.
Happy to share my photos of all that goes on here at the farm. It is a labor of love.

Raz- type isn't there but he is to cool to let go.:p

ok i drove my dad nuts until he figured out how to post a photo--lil golden nugget Baby Oz's
Wow- they look just like my oldest peppermint chick did!!I can't wait to see if they look like she does though. Now that they hatched, the fun part begins, picking favorites, guessing colors, and making them into pets.

what does it mean his "type" isn't there? and he is amazing! I love frizzles

His body formation isn't what is desired for the bantam cochins. Yes he is still maturing and only 4 1/2 months but his wings are loose and his cushion isn't very wide. But for frizzles type isn't a big factor for me. I don't show so I'm really breeding these for my own pleasure.

Back
Top Bottom