Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
Quote:
me too!! they are just so beautiful to look at! although I have some that might not be pretty to anyone but their mother...me!
love.gif

His body formation isn't what is desired for the bantam cochins. Yes he is still maturing and only 4 1/2 months but his wings are loose and his cushion isn't very wide. But for frizzles type isn't a big factor for me. I don't show so I'm really breeding these for my own pleasure.

give him a couple more months to fill out i have found that frizzles dont have as much type anyways and in this pic he looks like a she ... may i add the color is STUNNING

What does a double frizzle look like?

I have one frizzled Cochin that has horrible plumage. The feather vane is very narrow and the feather doesn't hold together. It (the barbs and vane) is weak, so it breaks easily, leaving a stiff curl of a quill. The feathering is very sparse.

Is this a double frizzle?

What does a double frizzle look like?

I have one frizzled Cochin that has horrible plumage.  The feather vane is very narrow and the feather doesn't hold together.  It (the barbs and vane) is weak, so it breaks easily, leaving a stiff curl of a quill.  The feathering is very sparse.

Is this a double frizzle? 

probably is and they r called frazzles

unfortunately their health is a weak as their feathers
I bought four from a hatchery and every one turned out to be a frizzle. Two had really horrible feathers, one had very bad feathers one was beautiful. I have two left, this ugly cockerel below and a little pullet; both I think are frazzles. I haven't a picture of the pullet at the moment. They are a few days shy of 6 months old. My (expletive) dog killed the cockerel I wanted to keep just because he was such a lovely little bird. I was going to keep the ugly one below just because he was so darn ugly.

The two I have left have really weird wings. The bones curve around and remind me of a finger, able to grab things. I've never seen this in another bird.

What is the issue with their health?

Is the bird below a frazzle? Thanks.

Introducing THE MUNCHKINS
jumpy.gif
--(sorry for the photo overload just way excited!)

5 days old

some feathers coming in for chick #1

We were a little vocal at our first photo shoot

Look at my lovely feet feathering

All cute chicks like Coca cola-Right? LOL see how much of a munchkin i really am.

chick #2 looks like some darker feathering trying to come in

chick #1 feathers again

nice feet
celebrate.gif

yesss.gif

Dorothy and OZ, the proud parents

Back
Top Bottom