Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Question. At what age do they begin to frizzle & is it even possible for a bantam barred chochin to frizzle? My Taloola is almost a month old & her feathers are coming in. They seem to be frizzling out, almost overnight. I'll post a pic in a few. Thanks.
I could be wrong but I don't think she is a frizzle. My babies tiny little feather sprouts came in pointing the wrong direction at like 4 or 5 days old. They were really obvious. She doesn't exactly look smooth though either, does she? Hmmm.

Question. At what age do they begin to frizzle & is it even possible for a bantam barred chochin to frizzle? My Taloola is almost a month old & her feathers are coming in. They seem to be frizzling out, almost overnight. I'll post a pic in a few. Thanks.
Not sure why but my response posted twice! Sorry :)

Last edited:
Some of her feathers are flat. Maybe I think she's frizzling bc her big girl feathers are coming in.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I dont think its going to be a frizzle either. Usually the wing feathers curl upwards by about 10days. I also think it 'might' be a boy but definitely wait on that one its very early to tell I just have a hunch!

My two black cochin chicks grew into birchen pullets. I also have a blue cochin roo the same age. Would that be good to breed the two pullets to?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom