Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I am not certain, but I think she will send you as many as she has available. I have actually been to her farm. Very nice set up, very organized and very pretty birds. Nice lady to work with.

Good luck.

I think I'm actually going to get them at Ideal Poultry because they have MUCH more than I have ever seen. And they're cheap!

I have a Black Cochin frizzle bantam. She is still young about 4 months. She refuse to perch!!!!! I put her on perch2-3 times a day. She just refuses and goes back to laying box. I have a feeling she's going to be broody most of her life. With all that being said in my original question is will someone post a picture of a Bantam cochin egg? I'm just curious.

Hello i just purchased a Trio of Bantam cohins. One is a wheaton hen, the rooster is lavender but for the life of me i can't remember what colour he said my other hen is and i cannot figure it our myself i was think a black-red hen but i'm not sure.

Anyone got any ideas what colour she is?

I have a mille D'uccle Fluer and a frizzle cochin. (Chicken little) my mille is 7 months and week. She squatted for me Saturday
1f60d.png
so I was expecting a egg soon.

This morning I got a present . Excited but these girls are more pets.
Curly my cochin is always laying in the box . She refuses to perch! Every night I put her up.. Anyways I looked at both there vents and my curly looked like she laid and mille doesn't. Curly is a little over 4 months is this normal for a cochin to lay early?

Last edited:
I think I'm actually going to get them at Ideal Poultry because they have MUCH more than I have ever seen. And they're cheap!
I actually purchased 6 bantam cochins from Ideal. 2 Blues, 2 Self Blues, and 2 Mottled.

1 blue died, 1 mottled died, and the two self blues were roos.

They're definitely not show quality, but they're sweet and adorable

I actually purchased 6 bantam cochins from Ideal. 2 Blues, 2 Self Blues, and 2 Mottled.

When I started chicken keeping my first flock came from Ideal. I got several bantam cochins and one was a self blue I named Oscar. He was the sweetest and would sit with me outside on the bench. He didn't like to be held but he would jump up and sit wherever i was. Unfortunately, he was killed by a dog that got in my fence. He is why I'm hooked on cochins. I have a few bantams now but keep more large fowl cochins.

Yeah, as long as their fluffy, sweet, and cute, I don't care :p

Back
Top Bottom