Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

He is recessive white correct. recessive white being a recessive gene will hide other colours if it is in its pure form (i.e two copies of the gene). Dominant white on the other hand would show up, even it is was was only there in its partial or split form.

The chicks will probably not be completely black as they grow, they will show some other colour leakage as they age, probably in the hackle and saddle feathers.
Alright, I was hoping that they wouldn't be pure black, maybe black copper? Thanks for the answer!

My little blue frizzle is on five eggs. Hopefully, some will hatch by tomorrow. She is in a pen with her mate, a smooth black cochin bantam. Is it ok to leave the two of them together with the chicks? My other chickens free range but these two are not fast moving and i was afraid of problems between the roosters.

My White Frizzle breeding pen. Love those birds.

My Columbian breeding pen this year.

My Buff Columbian breeders for this year

Beautiful birds. Nice set up!

My little blue frizzle is on five eggs. Hopefully, some will hatch by tomorrow. She is in a pen with her mate, a smooth black cochin bantam. Is it ok to leave the two of them together with the chicks? My other chickens free range but these two are not fast moving and i was afraid of problems between the roosters.
Yes. Your roo should tend/protect the chicks as well. If you find he is aggressive to them while they are small, I would get rid of him altogether. Roos should not harm what they consider to be their own offspring.

Beautiful birds.  Nice set up!

Yes.  Your roo should tend/protect the chicks as well.  If you find he is aggressive to them while they are small, I would get rid of him altogether.  Roos should not harm what they consider to be their own offspring.

Thanks! I am hoping he is a good father.....this will be a first for him and his mate.....he is young so i hope all goes well.

I'm looking for some super show quality cochins. Where might I find some?

What are your goals? What variety do you want? I know many breeders of quality birds that I can recommend . You want to win Best of Breed in an Open show or to do well at a county fair or buy quality breeding stock? PM me for more information.

I heard peeps from the nest! I wasn't expecting that until tomorrow. Hopefully tomorrow i will find out how many, what color and frizzledness if any.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom