Cochin Chick Feathering

Oh wow, they don't even have Blue Barred listed in their catalog! That's... weird. šŸ¤”

Tagging in @Rhodebar Lover as they're probably the best with IDing weird stuff like this from hatcheries!

I don't see enough of a difference for me to confidently say, honestly. With my Barred Rock bantams, I wasn't confident until they were a little further feathered in.
I know! I looked because I'm perplexed. I'm thinking just plain blue cochin?

Mine don't even do an egg song šŸ¤

And they accept any chicken you throw in with them which makes introductions a breeze. Big puppy dogs. I may have just gotten lucky lol

I've been advised (pipd was actually one of the people who gave me said advice) not to get LF cochins because they'll melt like ice cream in the hot Greek summer, and it definitely makes sense. My first bantam flock has been really quiet, so I'm definitely converted to bantams. I just need to find out what breed that'll be...

I've been advised (pipd was actually one of the people who gave me said advice) not to get LF cochins because they'll melt like ice cream in the hot Greek summer, and it definitely makes sense. My first bantam flock has been really quiet, so I'm definitely converted to bantams. I just need to find out what breed that'll be...
I'm in rhode island so we have pretty mild summers compared to most that's why they are a good fit for me. I can't imagine the poor things in hotter climates. It's like they have winter coats on.

Back
Top Bottom