Cochin Frizzle bantam male or female

Okay I really think if it was a rooster you would know by now.

For example, here is my rooster at 9 weeks

and then here at about 18 weeks.

As you can see the change was pretty dramatic. Tail got longer, neck feathers got longer and the comb grew larger and reddened up. Even his stance changed.

Yours doesnt seem to have had much change at all from when it was little other than size and maybe the wattles . So Im going to go with pullet.

Last edited:
He sure did, this is him at 22 weeks. Thats why it surprises me that the OP (If I read it right) ended up with a hen after all because it just doesnt look anything like I expect them to look at that age from our own experience.

Its a good photo example of the male feathers that come in around puberty ;-) though. Because they are bright gold its easy to see what grew in and how they are longer and thinner than regular feathers.
Basically where he went gold is where you hear people talking about the male feathers appearing, on the neck and his back.

Last edited:
Man he is absolutely gorgeous! I will have to look at those feathers and Compare to mine. Great example. Where did you get him?

We got him from a local breeder who was just starting a sizzle project. Sadly our neighbours complained we had chickens and when that got them nowhere with authorities suddenly they were being disturbed by his crowing and complained about him. (He didn't wake us at all and our house is closer)

We luckily found him a home on 40 acres with a harem all his own :)

That's too bad people do that. I would much rather hear a rooster crow then a dog bark!

x2
thumbsup.gif

Any thoughts on this one? S/he is 15 weeks old here and in the middle of the pecking order. I was really hopeful that it is a pullet, but after reading this thread I am not so sure anymore.

Back
Top Bottom