Cochin or Brahmin? And two others I can't figure out

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dreamgirl, Jun 11, 2007.

1. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Hi all, a little ID help now that I've learned how to do the picture thing. These are from a McMurry Rainbow Layers mix (I've ID'd the Turkin, RIR, SSH, Buff Orp and Easter Eggers).

This is Velma, she is feather footed and has a very short tail. I think she has a single comb, but it is much smaller than everone elses, nearly flat. She is big and sturdy.
    [​IMG]

This is Crow, she is black, begining to get a little irridesent blue, with black legs and a single comb.
    [​IMG]

This is Snowball, she is white with yellow legs and a single comb.
    [​IMG]

This is Oliva (dark silver/gray) and Spangle (light silver/gray with a black feather or two), both have single combs and legs to match their coloring. They are large.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks!
    Morgen

2. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    The first pic is a light Brahma--they are great birds!

The 3rd one down looks like a leghorn.

3. mlheran

mlheran Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep, that first one is a Light Brahma -Brahmas have feathered feet while Cochins have fully feathered legs and feet.

Crow is probably an Australorp, but I'm not experienced with that breed to know for sure. And Snowball is likely a White Leghorn. Not sure about the last two, but they are pretty!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by