Cochin Thread!!!

What color would you all say this lil dude is?? I am assuming a dude. HA HA! 6 weeks old. The silkie is his brooder buddie, no clue on its sex at all. HA HA They are lost without each other.

Just bought my first chicks! I ordered some Golden comets and Golden Laced Wyandottes for mid June, but the local feed store had Partridge Cochins, so cute! I have two pullets, and I'm sure they will get along with the June chicks. They are eating and drinking, chirping away in their new home!

Last edited:
Just bought my first chicks! I ordered some Golden comets and Golden Laced Wyandottes for mid June, but the local feed store had Partridge Cochins, so cute! I have two pullets, and I'm sure they will get along with the June chicks. They are eating and drinking, chirping away in their new home!
Welcome to the club!!! Chickens are so so much fun!!! :)

Quote: thanks craig... that was the answer i was hoping for. i think. 8) we'll see in the end how they color. some were marked pc (partridge cochin) some RC (red cochin) but could have been a P with a tail? i had only 1 definite PC make it to lockdown but quit. same with the 1 buff columbian. but got a lot of partridge/red and silver/gold laced.

Those are my guesses, the SLW looks like a boy, the second pic also looks like a boy, not sure what he is though? A Columbian cochin cockerel? Third a SLW pullet, and last pic looks like a wyandotte pullet, not sure about the colour though, is Buff columbian a wyandotte colour?

Sorry, i see four boys and two girls there in the group pic, but i am new to this so i hope i am wrong, they are adorable at any rate :)
The light one is a light bantam brahma and the buff one is a buff bantam brahma I think. The light one is feathering really slowly. This morning my partridge cochin was crowing. I didn't think the boy partridge coloring was the same as the girls. Thank you for your input. They are really sweet. They are cuddlers lol. I hope I will be able to keep them all.

It does look like a partridge cockerel to me.
Thanks AndyCap. I guess I'll have to warm up to him. I just hope he doesn't become mean to my hens. He already pecks repeatedly at their feet. I do have one buff rock that stands up to him and sends him packing. It's really funny to watch. Any ideas on helping him to be a nice little rooster?

Back
Top Bottom