Cochin Thread!!!

It worked on my chicks!

Oh YAY!!!!! I am keeping this for when mine hatch next month
yippiechickie.gif

not sure about the chart but by 5 weeks I can tell on most of mine some alot before 5 weeks

Ok. If this chart is correct I have 3 pullets and 1 roo! They are 6 days old, and there is a big difference between the roo and the pullets. Hopefully I'm right! :)

Quote:
then both of your blacks are the carriers most likely... and no, self blue is not a bad thing. the variety needs a lot of work to be brought up to SOP standards (physically) though the color variety is not yet accepted by the APA/ABA. I ended up selling my self blue pen and focusing on other colors. it consisted of a black split rooster, 2 split girls and one self blue girl, I got a pretty high ratio of self blues out of them while I had them.

UPDATE:
Update on my cochin chicks! They are now 9 weeks old and 6 weeks old with 1 7 week old.All pullets! All happy! All healthy! All beautiful! My phone is being stupid again and won't let me upload pics.... Grrrr!
Oh and rainbow my rescue is doing great now! Still has not started to lay eggs yet but is getting new feather growth and her cut is almost gone!!!!!! In putting her in with my flock today! Fingers crossed she doesn't get picked on.

UPDATE:
Update on my cochin chicks! They are now 9 weeks old and 6 weeks old with 1 7 week old.All pullets! All happy! All healthy! All beautiful! My phone is being stupid again and won't let me upload pics.... Grrrr!
Oh and rainbow my rescue is doing great now! Still has not started to lay eggs yet but is getting new feather growth and her cut is almost gone!!!!!! In putting her in with my flock today! Fingers crossed she doesn't get picked on.
Hopefully all goes well when you make the introduction of rainbow into your flock! Fingers crossed for you :)

Back
Top Bottom