Cochin Thread!!!

Cinder is getting big! I think I have a little boy on my hands, but that's okay. He is the first LF cochin we have hatched here, and he was the lone survivor of his hatch under his mother, so he stays. :) Also I was really hoping for a splash, and I got one! His mom and dad are both blue. Dad Mom (she has some broken back feathers :( ) She usually looks better.
What a cutie!!! He looks great!!!

Hi everyone these are my Cochin x Buff Orpington chicks they are 5 weeks old, any guesses on gender would be appreciated, I have put what I think with each photo, thanks

1 - Roo

2 - pullet

3 - Pullet

4 - roo

I really hope I am wrong on the roos as I have seen and heard their dad and know that there is no way I would be able to keep them

Cinder is getting big! I think I have a little boy on my hands, but that's okay. He is the first LF cochin we have hatched here, and he was the lone survivor of his hatch under his mother, so he stays. :) Also I was really hoping for a splash, and I got one! His mom and dad are both blue.

Dad

Mom (she has some broken back feathers :( ) She usually looks better.
I think they are Gorgeous, and the chick is to dye for
love.gif

Hi everyone these are my Cochin x Buff Orpington chicks they are 5 weeks old, any guesses on gender would be appreciated, I have put what I think with each photo, thanks

1 - Roo

2 - pullet

3 - Pullet

4 - roo

I really hope I am wrong on the roos as I have seen and heard their dad and know that there is no way I would be able to keep them
i think you're right on all of them, sorry

thats ok and thanks for your time and opinion, I have thought that the 2 roos? were that for a couple of weeks now but was in denial as the 1st chick is my absolute favourite and I was hoping to keep one of them but their dad is so loud, will try my best to not him crow too early in the morning (ever hopeful) as that will be the only reason my neighbours would complain (think I am still in denial)
lol.png

thats ok and thanks for your time and opinion, I have thought that the 2 roos? were that for a couple of weeks now but was in denial as the 1st chick is my absolute favourite and I was hoping to keep one of them but their dad is so loud, will try my best to not him crow too early in the morning (ever hopeful) as that will be the only reason my neighbours would complain (think I am still in denial) :lol:

You should try the new no crow collar in my pet chicken. I'd try it b/4 he really starts to crow he he doesn't know what he's missing. I haven't used it yet myself, it's new but cheap and worth a shot. They say its safe for the chicken....

Any idea what these bantam cochins will feather out to be? Hoping for calico but not sure what they look like as chicks

You should try the new no crow collar in my pet chicken. I'd try it b/4 he really starts to crow he he doesn't know what he's missing. I haven't used it yet myself, it's new but cheap and worth a shot. They say its safe for the chicken....
Ok thanks for that, I will have to see if they sell them in the UK

Back
Top Bottom