Cochin with weird stuff on her ankles

My hen house

Songster
Aug 2, 2019
Ohio
I have a sliver laced cochin who is currently molting (I'm not sure if that's part of the or not)
anyways I was looking her feet seeing if I need to trim feathers or cut off mud balls and I noticed that she had 2 bumps below her spur basically the same size as her spur as they are not that big at first I thought they were mud so I started to scrap them gently with scissors and kinda white dust/flakes so I scraped a lot of it off while check to see if it was hurting her which I don't think it was. I don't think the skin under if is raw or anything like that.
I was thinking I would bring her inside and wash her feet soon and if needed scrub with a tooth brush
I only noticed it one leg
What do you think?

Wash it well, and take a pix of it. Then post it here for us to view. Our imagination stretches only so far. All the Cochin's I had in the past have had to deal with leg/foot issues. One reason I do not like feathered feet.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

JPEG_20201024_091859_8528150814956521873.jpg

This is her foot its kinda bumpy and it might hurt her but I can't tell

Epsom salts in warm water is good to soak the feet in. I would probably do that daily I haven’t seen that either. It looks like yellow exudate or peeling skin. Give us an update in a day or two. Let us know if it seems to spread. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease?

Epsom salts in warm water is good to soak the feet in. I would probably do that daily I haven’t seen that either. It looks like yellow exudate or peeling skin. Give us an update in a day or two. Let us know if it seems to spread. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease?
She was not vaccinated for mareks disease nor were any other of my chickens but I'll keep doing Epsom salt baths as it can't hurt

Back
Top Bottom